PRISM offers full and in depth investigations to determine if your location is haunted or not. More on investigations and how they are conducted are listed in the About Us section of this website. As a member of the Paranormal Clergy we are trained to deal with demonic infested cases as well so if you suspect demonic activity then please click here!
Signs of a Haunting
Te first step is to determine, as best you can, whether or not you truly have a legitimate case of a haunting. Not all hauntings are alike, and they may exhibit a variety of phenomena. Some hauntings feature a single phenomenon - such as a particular door slamming shut that occurs repeatedly - while others consist of many different phenomena, ranging from odd noises to full-blown apparitions.
The TV shows tend to exaggerate hauntings in order to get ratings and because of this your expectations can be contaminated. We will give you the basic signs.. Here's a partial list of phenomena that might indicate that your house is haunted:
Unexplained noises - footsteps; knocks, banging, rapping; scratching sounds; sounds of something being dropped. Sometimes these noises can be subtle and other times they can be quite loud.
Doors, cabinets and cupboards opening and closing - most often, these phenomena are not seen directly. The experience either hears the distinct sounds of the doors opening and closing (homeowners get to know quite well the distinctive sounds their houses make) or the experience will return to a room to find a door open or closed when they are certain that it was left in the opposite position. Sometimes furniture, like kitchen chairs, are perceived to have been moved. Very rarely will the experience actually witness the phenomenon taking place.
Lights turning off and on - likewise, these events are seldom seen actually occurring, but the lights are switched on or off when the experiencer knows they were not left that way. This can also happen with TVs, radios and other electrically powered items.
Items disappearing and reappearing - this phenomenon, which we have dubbed "the DOPler Effect" (DOP = Disappearing Object Phenomenon), has been examined in the article "The DOPler Effect." Others have called this "the borrowers" phenomenon, and it's the familiar experience of not being able to find a regularly used item - say, your set of car keys - which you believe you placed in a spot you routinely place them. But they're gone and you look high and low for them with no success. Some time later, the keys are found - in exactly the place you normally put them. It's as if the object was borrowed by someone or something for a short time, then returned. Sometimes they are not returned for days or even weeks, but when they are, it's in an obvious place that could not have been missed by even a casual search.
Unexplained shadows - the sighting of fleeting shapes and shadows, usually seen out of the corner of the eye. This phenomenon has also been discussed in some detail in "Shadow People." Many times, the shadows have vaguely human forms, while other times they are less distinguishable or smaller.
Strange animal behavior - a dog, cat or other pet behaves strangely. Dogs may bark at something unseen, cower without apparent reason or refuse to enter a room they normally do. Cats may seem to be "watching" something cross a room. Animals have sharper senses than humans, and many researchers think their psychic abilities might be more finely tuned also.
Feelings of being watched - this is not an uncommon feeling and can be attributed to many things, but it could have a paranormal source if the feeling consistently occurs in a particular part of the house at a particular time.
Those are some of the most common experiences of those who think their houses are haunted, however even stranger things can happen...
If you are a real estate agent and have a house for sell and you want to protect the investment by knowing whether or not the location is haunted then don't hesitate to contact us. This service is also free of charge and 100% confidential. Please note this requested service when requesting an investigation.
Requesting an Investigation
Our investigations are always FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
Request an investigation by submitting the secure form below. An investigation usually takes two to three hours and involves a number of our team members (depending on location) using specialized equipment and methods to rule out any natural or man-made causes for reported phenomena. In the event that paranormal phenomena is observed and documented, we will try to provide a resolution of the activity if requested. All adults who reside or work at the investigation site MUST read and agree to our investigation requirements at the end of this page before we can schedule an investigation and MUST sign a legal permission form for the investigation immediately upon our arrival at the investigation site.
Investigation Service Criteria
By Agreeing, you confirm that you understand and agree to comply with all of our investigation requirements and liability waivers listed below. We reserve the right to terminate an investigation if any of these requirements are not met upon our arrival or if any of these requirements are violated anytime during an investigation.
It is difficult, if not impossible; to obtain reliable photographic, audio and video evidence during an investigation if someone is smoking, if sound sources are interfering with recording equipment or if children, pets or large groups of people are present. To ensure the best conditions possible for the collection of evidence, we require that you agree to comply with all of the requirements listed below before we will schedule an investigation of your residence or business facility:
1. To eliminate potential contamination of audio evidence, ALL TELEVISIONS, RADIOS, CELL PHONES AND OTHER SOUND SOURCES IN THE PREMISES MUST BE TURNED OFF DURING THE INVESTIGATION.
2. To eliminate potential contamination of photographic evidence, NO SMOKING WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE PREMISES DURING THE INVESTIGATION.
3. Due to noise and safety issues, ONLY THE PRIMARY ADULTS WHO RESIDE OR WORK AT THE PREMISES CAN BE PRESENT DURING THE INVESTIGATION. Relatives, co-workers, friends, etc. cannot attend the investigation. However, if the person requesting the investigation lives or works alone, he or she may invite one relative, co-worker or friend to be present during the investigation. Nobody except investigator are allowed in the location unless otherwise noted during the investigation.
4. Due to noise and safety issues, MINOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 CANNOT BE PRESENT DURING THE INVESTIGATION. Arrangements must be made for minors to be cared for away from the premises during the investigation. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS CONCERNING MINORS EXCEPT IN CASES OF EXTREME EMERGENCY.
5. Due to noise issues, INDOOR PETS MUST BE CONFINED TO ONE ROOM OF THE PREMISES DURING THE INVESTIGATION OR PLACED OUTSIDE IF POSSIBLE.
The Full Terms of service will be given to you upon first contact and at the on site client interview.
House Blessings and Cleansings
We also offer solutions if you wish to rid the location of ghosts/ psychic energy or help the spirits move on to the other side. For more information about our house blessings page.
The Investigation Process
When you call us for an investigation there a few thing you should expect. We cant tell you how many times people have called us for an investigation and not know what to expect.
1. After contact from the client about the case our first contact will be a phone call. We will be asking you questions and taking notes. Please be as honest as possible. If we sense that you are hiding something, or are not being completely honest, we may not take up the time and expense of performing an investigation.
2. If this seems like a case where we can help you, we will schedule a On-Site Client Interview (OCI) and most likely an Initial Preliminary Investigation (IPI) at the same time. We will want to interview all witnesses to paranormal activity at this time, and do a walk-through of the location. We may take base readings of the environment with various instruments, and sketch diagrams of the layout.
3. Please remember, our goal is to help you discover what is really going on, not to prove a haunting. If we can provide logical explanations for what you are experiencing, then that is what we will report. However, we may conclude that something paranormal is happening if the evidence supports it. Please try not to have expectations, either way. we are not necessarily going to tell you what you want to hear, we are going to tell you what we find.
4. Based on the results of the OCI and sometimes prior we will schedule an FTI (full team investigation.
This will include 2 to 8 team members, and various equipment being placed around your location. We will be in your space for several hours, poking in every corner, including closets, attics and basements with the lights out. Number of investigators is proportionate to size of location.
5. During the FTI be prepared for many things to happen. EMF alarms may sound, motion sensors may go off, and team members may have to move quickly through the area. NONE of this means there is a ghost. most of the time it is a false positive. It is suggested that the client have a place to be able to go to until investigation is finished. We do not ask you to leave your own home however if you must stay and supervise please do so in a respectful manner.
6. Before we arrive: Please place any pets in their pens, or have them under restraint as we want our safety concerns put to rest. (Dogs bark and often can contaminate audio. Cats tend to notice anything foreign to the home and will chew on wiring, play with cameras, etc.)
7. Also, please do not 'invite guests' or friends or relatives to come by before we arrive. (The less people on-site, the better as this allows for better control of the environment and less audio contamination. It will also help us explain any recorded unforeseen shadows that may be the result of an uninvited guest wandering around the location that we were not aware of.)
8. For reasons of safety and because of the sensitive nature of the case, we need to look after the well being of minors, sorry but we cannot allow anyone under the age of 15 years to attend. We hope you can understand this. All private home investigations we attend that have youngsters in the household we will ask that the clients make prior arrangements for the children to be taken away for a couple of hours by a family member or neighbor for the duration of the investigation.
9. Investigations usually about 3 hours depending on the size of the location. The bigger the location obviously the more equipment we will need to set up. We usually allow ourselves 1 hour at the most to have everything in place ready to start.
10. We understand that your home is yours however in order to do a thorough investigation clients must remain out of the investigators way in order to collect valid and untainted evidence.
11. After the FTI, we will analyze all the data we captured, and search for the causes of the reported paranormal activity. This could take a week..
12. Once data analysis is complete, we will contact you to go over anything we may have found, and possible recommendations to solve the situation.
1) You contact us
2) When you contact us we will interview you over the phone and set a time and date for an on site interview (paperwork signing).and investigation.
3) Case manager refers case to administration
4) We come to your house and investigate
5) We contact you when we have reviewed evidence and see how we can help you further.
*Note: For all blessings, cleansings clients are suggested to have a full investigation prior to requested service. However an investigation is not required and can be requested separately. If this is confusing don't be afraid to contact us to clarify.
(text messages are accepted)